Pages

Subscribe Twitter

2008/12/07

3g Aigo P8888 Mid

With CES 2009 a mere month away, I don’t have much time left to find my ideal mobile blogging device. My original vision of walking the showroom floor with the Gigabyte M528 MID was abandoned after its US product page was removed and delivery estimates were pushed back, so it was with renewed hope that I read UMPCPortal’s news yesterday that the 3G-enabled Aigo P8895 (a model number that was not included in the original launch announcement) would be globally available through mobilx this month.

After confirming that US consumers were exempt from paying VAT (despite the “$861 inc VAT” price on the product page), I was pretty much sold. Without VAT, the black Aigo with built-in 3G and 3-megapixel rear camera would only be $717, less than $20 more than the 3G/cam-less white P8860 MID.

0 Comment: