Pages

Subscribe Twitter

2007/09/13

Parallels Desktop Virtual Machine Error



parallels desktop error

Parallels Desktop allows you to run Windows on Mac by opening the OS inside Mac. It is definitely convenient but that don’t make it error free. Here’s an error I encounter days ago, Parallels Desktop won’t start my Windows XP and prompts me this error message:

Virtual machine Microsoft Windows XP cannot be opened since it is already used in another Parallels Desktop windows.

Solution

parallels desktop error

For those of you who encounter the same message, here’s how I manage to re-open my windows in Parallel: Look for the .pvs file (which is most likely under Documents -> Parallels -> Microsoft Windows XP) and remove that file. Restart your Parallels Desktop and your windows should be working fine.

0 Comment: